- Most electrical equipment can be reused or broken down into parts.
- If the electrical equipment is still in full working order, sell it in a car boot sale or donate it to a charity shop.
- Contact your retailer as they may take back old products.
- Some councils accept electrical equipment at their waste recycling centres.
- Always try to repair items rather than throwing them away, others may find a use for the item when you no longer want it.
- Try to buy electrical items that have a long life span.