- Asbestos is a building insulation material used before the 1970’s.
- There are 3 types – white, blue and brown.
- Removal of asbestos can disturb the fibres of which it is made; these fibres can be harmful if they are breathed in.
- Use a facemask and gloves when handling asbestos.
- Keep asbestos damp and contained in a plastic bag when transporting, this will reduce airborne fibres.
- Some skip companies will safely remove asbestos, such as SkipHireUK.
- Some councils will accept asbestos at their household waste recycling centres.
- Contact your local council for further advice on the removal of asbestos.