- Clinical waste such as nappies, sanitary waste and medical supplies have the potential to be infectious so must be disposed of using special methods.
- Be very careful when disposing of needles and syringes.
- Look for doctors or manufacturer instructions of how to dispose of medical waste on the packaging containers.
- Medicine containers can be recycled accordingly once it is empty.
- Contact your local council to see if they offer free medical waste collection.
- Some companies are currently implementing clinical waste treatment schemes, such as Medical Waste Solutions Ltd.