- Glass is separated into 3 colours: green, brown and clear.
- Take great care when handling broken glass, wear gloves if possible.
- Deposit glass at your nearest recycling bank by throwing them into the appropriate container.
- Many supermarkets have glass-recycling banks, enabling you to recycle glass on your weekly shop.
- Most home recycle bins, provided by your local council, usually accept glass.
- Make sure you wash out the bottle or jar before putting it into recycling bins.
- Reuse glass whenever possible. Jars can be used as small containers and bottles can be used as vases.